Paying for care: Deferred Payment Agreements

Maintaining your property

You will need to make sure the property is maintained during the agreement.

We will let you keep some money from your income, which you can use to pay for property maintenance and insurance as well as other spending needs.

This is called Disposable Income Allowance (DIA).

You should think carefully about the amount you may need to maintain your property and the amount of income you keep.

The more you keep, the more of your care costs will be deferred against your property and need to be paid back later with added interest.

If you find yourself having to pay an unexpected cost, you can increase your DIA up to the maximum amount to help you pay it.