Paying for care: Deferred Payment Agreements

Who can enter an agreement

To enter a DPA, you must:

  • have savings and investments (excluding the property) under £23,250,
  • be assessed by the Council as requiring care in a care or nursing home,
  • be permanently living in or moving into a registered care or nursing home,
  • own or partly own a property that is not disregarded in your financial assessment,
  • have mental capacity to enter the agreement or have a legally appointed agent (a Deputy or registered Attorney) willing to agree this.