Direct payments (adult social care)

Help managing a direct payment

You can ask a family member or friend to help you manage your direct payment. They are known as a nominated person.

Your nominated person should be involved in planning and setting up the direct payment.

You will remain responsible for how to spend the money, but they can support with the day-to-day management of the bank account, paying bills or liaising with personal assistants about hours of work.