Streetworks by utility companies and developers

Road opening notice

If you need to carry out excavations in the highway and no apparatus such as cables, pipes or sewers are involved, you will need to complete a road opening notice.

There is a fee for this which changes from time to time. 

For more information please see Highways Act 1980.

Complete the road opening notice