Building control applications and requests

Hoarding licence

Anyone erecting a hoarding on the highway should be aware of the following requirements:

  • It is an offence to erect a hoarding on the highway, any public path, pavement or road without the Council's permission
  • The Council may grant permission by issuing a licence with or without conditions
  • The owner of the hoarding must make sure that it is erected and maintained in accordance with safety conditions attached to the licence
  • A building control surveyor will visit the site and agree the issue of a licence subject to any relevant conditions

See fees and charges for the relevant charge.

There are a few ways to apply for this licence: