How to vote

Ask someone else to vote on your behalf (proxy vote)

If you're unable to vote in person you can ask someone to vote on your behalf. This is called a proxy vote.

Return your application form to the Elections Office by either:

  • Post: Elections Office, South Tyneside Council, Town Hall, Westoe Road, South Shields, NE33 2RL
  • Email a scanned copy to:

For more information visit GOV.UK: Apply to vote by proxy.

Your proxy must show their photo ID in the polling station to be able to be given your ballot paper.  For more information see Voter ID: New requirement for voters to provide photographic identification at polling stations or visit Electoral Commission - Voter ID .