Attending a fitness class
Please make sure you arrive in plenty of time so classes can start on time.
You may be refused entry if a fitness class has already started.
You must be aged 14 or over to attend a fitness class. If you are under 16 you must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is essential that our fitness class instructors are made aware of any health issues that may affect you prior to participating in the class. (including pregnancy)
- To record your attendance and "check in" to your classes, please use the tablets outside the studios. To record your visit, you will need to press your name and then enter the last four digits of your registered telephone number. The recording of your attendance is your responsibility, not that of the instructor, and advance booking privileges can be withdrawn for repeated non-attendance.
- The tablet can also be used to book a space in an upcoming class provided you have your membership number and there are spaces available. Please make sure you go through this process as "dropping into" fitness classes is strictly prohibited.
- For pool-based classes, you will need to use the fast-track kiosks at Haven Point and Hebburn Central to register your attendance. Customers at Jarrow Community Pool can register at reception as before.
- Please try to allow yourself plenty of time to check in/pay, particularly when using the new check in process for the first time so that classes can start punctually. The warm up is an important part of the class and entry can be refused once the class has started. This is important during busy periods.
- Please ensure that appropriate footwear and clothing are worn at all times. If in doubt, please ask your instructor.
- No glass drinks bottles are permitted, only plastic, closed lid containers.
- Children are not permitted to wait in classes whilst parents/guardian's exercise.
- Chewing gum is prohibited.
- Foul/abusive language will not be tolerated
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave.
- Please respect others by placing mobile phones on silent or turning them off throughout the duration of the class.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted. Those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please do not enter the studio whilst a class is in progress and respect other users throughout the session and during changeover periods.