Apply for a Section 50 licence

About this publication

You must apply for a licence if you want to place new, or work on existing apparatus (e.g. cables, pipes or sewers) in the highway. 

This licence allows you to have the same rules and rights as gas, electricity, telecommunications and water supply companies. 

Publishing information 

From: Streetworks Team

Published: November 2019


Word:  Apply for a section 50 licence (Word doc) [800KB]

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you need help to access this information within this file, please get in touch to request an accessible format.