Hebburn Central is a world-class building at the heart of Hebburn, offering a gym, exercise and fitness classes, two pools and a state of the art library.
Hebburn Central is proud to be part of the Leisurewatch scheme. This provides training and support to our staff to help them recognise concerning behaviour and act to stop it, making our public spaces safer for all of us.
[googlemap location="Hebburn Central, Hebburn NE31 1AB, UK" expand title="Map of Hebburn Central"]
Phone: 0191 424 7801 (leisure enquiries)
How to get here
Hebburn Central is located via the A185 and B1927, approximately 0.3 miles from Hebburn Town Centre.
There is ample FREE car parking directly outside of Hebburn Central and behind Hebburn Town Centre.
Free parking is also available for all of our leisure facilities with the multi-activity membership (£28.50) and joint household membership (£50).
For more information visit our leisure memberships page.
By local bus services
Bus numbers 27, 88, 88A, 515, 960 and TB529 stop on either Glen Street or Station Road.
Station Road is where Hebburn Town Centre is situated and Hebburn Central is directly behind this.
The nearest Metro station is Hebburn followed by an approximate 5 minute walk.
On leaving Hebburn Metro station, walk straight ahead until you come to the traffic lights.
Cross the road at the traffic lights and continue to walk straight ahead until you come to Hebburn Central, which is located on your left hand side.
|Monday||6am - 9pm|
|Tuesday||7am - 9pm|
|Wednesday||7am - 9pm|
|Thursday||7am - 9pm|
|Friday||6am - 9pm|
|Saturday||7am - 4pm|
|Sunday||7am - 4pm|
Gym at Hebburn Central
Hebburn Central fitness suite is a great place to help you to achieve your health and wellbeing goals, whatever your age or fitness level.
You must be aged 14 or over to use the gym.
There is more gym space as equipment has been moved into the sports hall.
For information about using the gyms at our leisure centres, see Gyms.
- Non member - £7.40
- Get Active discount card holder - £5.65
- Get Active Plus discount card holder: £3.10
- Non member - £5.15
- Get Active discount card holder - £3.10
- Non member - £1.85
- Get Active discount card holder - £1.85
Find out about leisure memberships.
How to book
You do not now need to pre-book in advance.
View the swimming pool timetables:
There are 2 pools available at Hebburn Central:
- Main pool
- Learner pool
The pool is 25 metres in length and has 6 lanes.
Please note: the swim lanes are sometimes used by local swimming clubs. During this period the number of swimmers is reduced in swim lanes and the lanes can be used by swimmers of mixed ability.
For information about swimming at our leisure centres, see Swimming.
|Get Active Discount Card||Get Active Plus Discount Card|
|Junior (up to 18 yrs) / OAP||£3.90||£2.45||n/a|
|Adult (18 yrs+)||£5.50||£4.30||£1.85|
|Adult (60 yrs+)||n/a||n/a||£1.80|
|Family (2 adults and up to 4 children)||£18.35||£12.25||£9.75|
|Spectator (must be accompanied by a paying customer)||Free||Free||Free|
|Activity||Non member||Get Active Discount Card*||Get Active Plus Discount Card*|
|Badges and certificates||£3.35||£3.35||n/a|
|Spectator (must be accompanied by a paying customer)||FREE||FREE||FREE|
Please make sure you have read our important information on swimming lessons before applying.
Hebburn Central offers both pool parties and soft play.
For more information please contact reception on 0191 424 7801.
Find out about leisure memberships.
The cafe is a great place to relax and refresh yourself. The cafe is open 7 days a week, so why not come along with a friend for a snack and a chat.
|Monday - Friday||9am - 8pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||9am - 4pm|
Sauna and steam room
You no longer need to book to use our sauna and steam room.
Before entering the saunas and steam rooms, you will need to collect a wristband from reception - these are not transferable.
Plunge showers are available.
|Activity||Non member||Get Active Discount Card||Get Active Plus Discount Card|
Sauna and steam room
(includes swim session) Adult
Sauna and steam room
(includes swim session) Junior
|Day||Start time||End time|
Soft play area
Soft play at Hebburn Central offers a suitable place to take small children to get them active. The soft play area features various interactive and fun features including:
- babies tub and interactive patches
- soft play cushions
- play dome
- log climber
- webbing deck
The soft play area is for children under 5, at a cost of £2.50 per hour, per child.
There is a maximum of 8 children in the main play area and 6 adults in the seating area.
Monday to Friday
9am to 7pm
Saturday and Sunday
9am to 4pm
Soft play terms and conditions
Rules of play:
- All children must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult, over the age of 16, who must remain within the soft play room and be responsible for the children in their care at all times. South Tyneside Council does not accept responsibility for the supervision of any children whatsoever
- Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering the soft play
- Children must leave badges and jewellery with a Responsible Adult
- Shoes must be removed before entering the soft play and socks or other suitable foot coverings must be worn at all times
- Play may be restricted to 60 minutes during peak times
- It is recommended that long sleeves and trousers or tights are worn in the soft play
The responsible adult must make sure that:
- Children do not climb the slides or play in front of the slide exits
- No sharp objects are taken into the soft play
- Children do not climb on the netted walls or the system structure
- No food or drink items are brought onto, consumed, or left on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited
- Children who become unwell in the soft play must leave immediately. Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell should not play in the soft play for at least 48 hours after the illness
Fighting, bullying, abusive, aggressive, or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards staff, management, or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
By entering the soft play room the responsible adult accepts:
- Full responsibility to supervise their children at all times
- That they undertake to observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely
- That they must explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour
- That they must report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. If necessary, these will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits
- That they must report any damage to the soft play to a member of staff
- That they must report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff, and will not attempt to intervene themselves
Management reserve the right to refuse entry and also to ask anybody to leave, at any time, at their discretion. Responsible Adults should note that whilst every consideration has been given for the safety of children using the soft play, South Tyneside Council cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment.
Kids will be kids and accidents happen.
Inflatable fun sessions
Swimming at Hebburn Central is guaranteed to be even greater fun for families and children at our inflatable fun sessions.
Try and conquer the many challenging obstacles and beat your friends to the splash.
2pm to 3pm
11am to 12.30pm