Soft play area
Soft play at Hebburn Central offers a suitable place to take small children to get them active. The soft play area features various interactive and fun features including:
- babies tub and interactive patches
- soft play cushions
- play dome
- log climber
- webbing deck
The soft play area is for children under 5, at a cost of £2.50 per hour, per child.
There is a maximum of 8 children in the main play area and 6 adults in the seating area.
Monday to Friday
9am to 7pm
Saturday and Sunday
9am to 4pm
Soft play terms and conditions
Rules of play:
- All children must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult, over the age of 16, who must remain within the soft play room and be responsible for the children in their care at all times. South Tyneside Council does not accept responsibility for the supervision of any children whatsoever
- Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering the soft play
- Children must leave badges and jewellery with a Responsible Adult
- Shoes must be removed before entering the soft play and socks or other suitable foot coverings must be worn at all times
- Play may be restricted to 60 minutes during peak times
- It is recommended that long sleeves and trousers or tights are worn in the soft play
The responsible adult must make sure that:
- Children do not climb the slides or play in front of the slide exits
- No sharp objects are taken into the soft play
- Children do not climb on the netted walls or the system structure
- No food or drink items are brought onto, consumed, or left on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited
- Children who become unwell in the soft play must leave immediately. Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell should not play in the soft play for at least 48 hours after the illness
Fighting, bullying, abusive, aggressive, or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards staff, management, or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
By entering the soft play room the responsible adult accepts:
- Full responsibility to supervise their children at all times
- That they undertake to observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely
- That they must explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour
- That they must report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. If necessary, these will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits
- That they must report any damage to the soft play to a member of staff
- That they must report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff, and will not attempt to intervene themselves
Management reserve the right to refuse entry and also to ask anybody to leave, at any time, at their discretion. Responsible Adults should note that whilst every consideration has been given for the safety of children using the soft play, South Tyneside Council cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment.
Kids will be kids and accidents happen.