Simonside Outdoor Adventure: Data protection
- Why we collect your information
- Who we share your information with
- What we do with the information
- How long we keep your information for
- How you can access your personal information
To comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we collect information from people using our services through:
- consent forms if they are under 18 years old
- registration forms if they are over 18 years old
This information is collected on the registration and consent form.
We collects the information on our consent forms to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants and to make sure we can best support your needs before you take part in any of our activities, or so we can respond appropriately if you need help during the activity.
An example of this could be an allergy to certain foods or matching your needs with staff with the appropriate skills and experience to support you best.
We will not share the information with anyone except medical professionals if you need treatment.
After you take part in an activity, the information will be securely stored at the centre during the course. After this it will be scanned and stored on the South Tyneside Council secure servers.
Information provided on this form will be kept for:
- 7 years for adults, until a young person reaches the age of 25
- 99 years for Looked After Children
- Original paper copies are kept securely for 3 years at Simonside Climbing wall, then confidentially shredded
If you wish to access the personal information that we hold contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 424 0118.