If you are affected by domestic abuse

Who to contact

In an emergency always contact the police on 999.

There is a range of domestic violence and abuse services that might be able to help you, including:

  • Ask for ANI at a local pharmacy - ANI stands for Action Needed Immediately. This codeword is a discreet way to ask for emergency help from the safety of your local pharmacy. Visit the government website for more about Ask for ANI.
  •  provides confidential and non-judgemental support to women over 16, on domestic abuse issues, in a safe place and can be contacted on 07375 788 835.
  • Places for People (South Tyneside Women's Aid) Women's Refuge  offers advice and support as well as providing safe, temporary and emergency accommodation, and can be contacted on (0191) 454 8257.

See a full list of domestic violence and abuse services.

Report a concern

If you think someone is at risk or is being abused, you should report it to South Tyneside Council:

Report a concern about an adult

Report a concern about a child