What we need to know
We need to know the reasons why you didn't fill in a form earlier.
You need to tell us anything you think we might need to know.
For example, was it because:
- You were ill before you claimed?
- Someone in your family was ill?
- You had been in hospital?
- You have been unable to manage your affairs?
- You can't write or understand English very well?
If you did not understand that you could claim benefit, tell us whether you asked anyone if you could claim and give any reasons why you did not think you could claim.
Everyone's reasons will be different and we will take into account your age and personal circumstances when we decide if we can backdate your claim.