Resident parking permit
You need a permit to park on some streets in South Tyneside, where parking has become a problem.
This is to stop people who don't live on these streets parking there.
How the permits work
- Permits last for one year
- Renewal letters are sent 4 weeks before the permits are set to expire
- Each household can have up to two permits (one permit per vehicle)
- For visitors, each household can have up to 8 visitor booklets (25 visitor permits per booklet)
Who can apply
You need to live on the street that you are applying for a permit for.
Resident parking permits cost £50 for your first year, then £20 per year to renew.
You can get a permit free of charge if you:
- are over 65
- have a disabled badge
How to apply
To apply for a resident parking permit, complete the attached form:
Resident Permit application form
Please read the guidance note before completing the form. See, Resident's parking permit - Guidance notes
Once completed, please send the form by either:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to Town Hall & Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom, NE33 2RL
Payment will be arranged through telephone.
When you will get your permit
Your permit will be sent to you through the post, usually within 2 to 3 working days.