Support to quit smoking
We can give you free, flexible, friendly support to help you quit.
Our support includes:
- Specialist one to one support and advice.
- Nicotine replacement therapy.
- Text or WhatsApp support from a Peer Pal - a trained person who has been there, done it and can help you with the challenges ahead. You may want to message your Peer Pal if you're finding it hard and need some support. It's up to you.
You are three times more likely to quit with our support.
There are lots of reasons to quit smoking.
For information about the benefits of quitting, visit NHS: Quit smoking.
Ask for support
You can ask for help for yourself or for someone you know.
Health professionals can also use this form to refer patients.
Or, speak to your stop smoking adviser:
- Phone: 0191 424 7300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support is from UCan, which is ran by South Tyneside Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group and Inspire.
Support during COVID-19
Now is a good time to quit smoking.
Local pharmacies and GP surgeries are currently offering face to face and telephone support.
For information about smoking and coronavirus, visit NHS: Coronavirus advice for smokers and vapers.
Online and digital support
- Free personal quit plan: NHS - ONE YOU - Personal Quit Plan
- Call the free Smokefree National Helpline to speak to a trained, expert adviser: 0300 123 1044
- Join the Smokefree online community: NHS Smokefree Community
- Smokefree has lots of free support to help you stop for good. Choose from a smartphone app, email programme or text messages that will help keep you focused wherever you are: Quit Now Support
- Under-18s guide to quitting smoking