Library services for children and young people
Benefits of joining the library
- You're never too young to join South Tyneside Libraries.
- All our libraries have books and computers available for children to use free of charge.
- Children and young people aged under 16 do not pay fines, and can reserve books free of charge.
- During school holidays libraries host a variety of family activities, including Lego days.
- Early Years sessions for children from birth to 4 years including: Baby Bounce, Bounce and Wobblies, Wobblies and Wigglies, Jiggle and Wiggle and Peek-a-Book
For more information about joining South Tyneside Libraries, see Join the library.