Bulky waste collections
How collections work
- Put your items out on your collection day by 7.30am. We will collect your items between 7.30am and 5pm.
- When leaving household items out for collection please make sure they are stored safely and securely as not to expose others to harm especially young children. South Tyneside Council does not accept any liability for any items stored or left in a public area prior to collection.
- Do not place items out long before 7.30am as this may cause an obstruction and items may also get wet through meaning that we may not be able to take the items away.
- Place the items for collection on your property where you normally place your waste bins. Crews cannot enter your property, garage or shed.
- Do not overfill bags
- Items longer than 2 metres (6ft) may not be collected, so please cut up carpet into manageable lengths
- If you are putting your items in a back lane, please put your house number on the back door or wall
- Stack all items tidily in the same area.
- The collection team will only remove the items stated on your request form
The information in the above checklist is intended as a general guide.