Disabled facilities grant

Means Test requirements

The Grants Officer allocated to your case will require proof of all forms on income, savings, shares, bonds, ISAs, additional properties and capital. Documents accepted include:

  • Proof of wages, payslips or P60
  • Pension summary, including proof of Guarantee Pension Credit if applicable
  • P60 or payslips for occupational pension
  • P60 or payslips any other pension
  • Up to date statements from Department of Work and Pensions regarding all payments received
  • Up to date statement from South Tyneside Council awarding Housing Benefit
  • Bank statement / Savings statement / Building society book
  • Evidence of shares, bonds or similar investments

Below are some useful numbers to help you get these documents if they are needed:

Benefit/ allowancePhone number
State Pension summary0345 6060 265
Attendance Allowance0345 605 6055
Disability Living Allowance0845 712 3456
Personal Independence Payment0345 850 3322
Jobseeker's Allowance
Income Support
Employment and Support Allowance
0345 608 8545
National Insurance Number Helpline0300 200 3502
Working / Child Tax Credits0345 300 3900
Industrial Injuries Benefit0345 758 5433
Carer's Allowance0345 608 4321
Housing Benefit - South Tyneside Council0191 424 4333