Guidance on securing your bin
Here are a list of actions you can take to secure your bin wherever possible:
- Bins should be secured in a yard or compound.
- Never place bins against a building. They should normally be a minimum of 6m away from any part of the premises or this may breach your insurance agreement.
- Keep your bin lid closed and the lid locked.
- Never store waste in front of or beside your bin.
- You are responsible for the equipment whilst it is on your premises. Keep it safe.
- Report any missing or burnt out bin immediately. You may need to obtain a crime number if you want to claim on your insurance.