Paying for care: Acting on someone else's behalf


If you request help to pay for care and support, a financial assessment will need to be completed.

The Council will help with this.

A family member, friend or carer can also help you with the assessment if you wish.

If you have capacity to make decisions about your own financial affairs but you want someone else to make these decisions for you, you can ask someone to act on your behalf by appointing a financial representative.

Your chosen financial representative can only act on your behalf with your consent, which needs to be given in writing.