Public Health news: Sexual Health Service
Who we are and the services we provide...
Sexual Health Service
The South Tyneside Sexual Health team includes a range of qualified health practitioners and fully trained staff, including Doctors, Nurses, Sexual Health Advisers, Healthcare Assistants and Clinic Administrators. We have a dedicated team of Male & Female Doctors, Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Administrators, a Sexual Health Advising team and a dedicated male Sexual Health Consultant who can advise on any specialist sexual health conditions, treatment and care.
As a training organisation we often take in student doctors and nurses to work in our clinics - you may be asked if you are happy to have a student involved in your consultation, however you do not have to accept.
The services we provide are:-
- Contraception & Emergency Contraception
- The team offers access to many forms of free contraception including Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives methods (LARC)
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Consultant led service for STI Testing & Treatment including Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV. Testing and free treatment for STI's in clinic and referral of HIV patients to neighbouring HIV treatment services.
- Community Outreach
- Access to STI testing and free condom schemes in community settings including Pharmacy & GP practices in South Tyneside.
- Sexual Health Advice
- Public health interventions, clinical treatments & contact tracing. Protecting and improving the nation's sexual health.
- Online STI Testing and Condom Schemes
- Online schemes available to order 24 hours a day from the website. Delivered by Royal Mail in plain packaged envelopes which fit through letter boxes.
- Pregnancy Options Team
- Specialist advice to support women of all ages to make decisions around pregnancy including community outreach access for contraceptive methods.
- Psychosexual Counselling
- Counselling service by appointment including talking therapy for people experiencing issues with their sexual health.
- Reception & Administrative Teams
- First point of contact for public & patients. Booking appointments, registering patients and all aspects of service administration.
Please visit www.southtynesidesexualhealth.nhs.uk or call 0191 4028191 to find out more.