Public Health news: Carer's Strategy
Take part in the next Carer's Strategy 'sharing and learning' event.
The new strategy for unpaid carers in South Tyneside was launched in March 2022 and the first Carers 'Sharing and Learning' event was held in July at Jarrow Focus. The event focused on Priority 1 of the Carers Strategy, which is to 'Recognise and Support' Carers. We heard from a range of groups including:-
- First Contact Clinical and their research into the needs of carers supporting people with addictions to drugs and alcohol;
- Parent carers and the development of the SEND local offer
- STSFT about the hospital's Carers Pass and Carers Passport scheme
- CREST and Apna Ghar who are supporting carers from ethnic communities and
- STACS (the Adult Carers Service) about their broad offer of support.
Bringing people together, hearing how organisations are working together and the opportunities to build on this collaboration was fantastic.
We want to keep as many carers, professionals and organisations engaged in the ongoing conversation about the development and delivery of support for carers.
We're holding another sharing and learning event that will focus on Priority 2 of the Carer's Strategy which is to 'Support Young Carers to achieve their full potential'. It will be held on Wednesday 5th October from 4pm (4:30 start) at The Word, South Shields. We will find out about some of the fantastic work that organisations are doing to support young carers and their families. If you would like to attend or be involved in this event either to share what your organisation does or to learn from others, please contact Jacqui Kaid the Strategic Carers Liaison Officer at Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 424 7581.