Starting building work
The notifications required previously will be augmented by notifications required to inspect:
- All structural elements and components the failure of which would in the opinion of the Council be significant.
- All works which in the opinion of the Council would constitute unusual design or method of construction.
- Work relating to fire safety.
- Any type of work, construction, equipment or material which could if not verified, cause defects which would in the opinion of the Council be seriously detrimental to the fundamental purpose of the building regulations.
- Any additional areas of work necessary for the subsequent issue of a certificate of completion.
- Where the building is subject to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and any part is to be occupied before completion then at least 5 days notice is required before it is occupied.
For your further assistance building control surveyors may on occasions carry out unannounced additional visits to check on the progress of work.
All requests for inspections will be made the same day if requested before 10am.