Building control: Services we provide
Our commitment to you:
- All our building control surveyors are either professionally qualified (RICS or ABE) and/or have extensive experience. They regularly attend training seminars to make sure they are up to date with modern methods of construction and ever-changing legislation.
- We have a progressive approach to new materials and methods of construction, so we can help you to get the best possible value for money.
- We keep extensive records on every property/site in the borough - so future owners can confidently plan further work. This helps prospective purchasers make sure that work carried out in the past has been approved and inspected. This information can be analysed to give early warning of any potential problems particularly in relation to ground conditions.
- We liaise closely with Building Control sections in other Councils to share knowledge, experience and maintain consistency.
- We can guarantee that we will be at your service for many years to come.
- We welcome and encourage customer feedback.
Building control performance standards
South Tyneside building control complies with this government initiative to regulate standards within the building control profession.