Building control: Why use our service
New requirements to building regulations came into force on 15 June 2022. These changes may affect your project. For more information see:
Updates to building regulations requirements
New requirements to building regulations came into force on 15 June 2022.
These changes may affect your project. For more information see:
The main function of building control is to make sure that standards of buildings within the borough, meet the requirements necessary to protect the health and safety of everyone, whether at home, work or leisure.
Whether you are a large developer undertaking a multi-million pound project or a homeowner carrying out alterations to your home - we are committed to helping you in any way we can.
- Published level of service and UKAS Accredited to ISO 9001.
- Local knowledge backed with comprehensive historical records which help you the customer avoid the hidden problems on your building project no matter how large or small.
- Partner authority schemes. All applications can be made via one partner authority for any project in England and Wales.
- The Development team approach offering coordination with other Council services, to help your building works to progress smoothly and speedily.
- Free advice on how to comply with the building regulations and the range of other approvals that might be necessary.
- A truly independent service.
- All your fees are invested in the service you receive. There is no profit motive in Local Authority Building Control (LABC), only a desire to provide a value for money service.
- Technical expertise on a full range of building types and schemes, be they traditional or innovative in design.
- Being locally based we can respond with site visits when you want them.
- Type approval schemes (LANTAC). One plan check and the same design can be used anywhere in England and Wales. Updating and amendment are accommodated.
- A variety of warranty products available to provide peace of mind for the customer. See Local Authority Building Control (LABC) warranty scheme.