Cost of living and warm spaces
The Government has announced extra support for families to help with cost of living pressures, including:
- £650 Cost of Living Payment for those who are entitled to certain benefits or tax credits
- £150 payment for people on disability benefits
- £300 automatic top-up to the Winter Fuel Payment for pensioners
- £400 automatic reduction to your energy bill from October 2022
Please note: These are government schemes. South Tyneside Council is not responsible for administering this support.
Support and advice
Find support and advice including:
- Money and debt advice, and local support services
- Check if you are entitled to benefits
- Crisis support and food
- Jobs and skills support
- Warm spaces South Tyneside
- Support with education
Welfare Support Service
The Welfare Support Service is the first point of contact for money advice in South Tyneside.
They provide debt, benefit and money advice on the phone, in your local area or if necessary, in your home.
The service is free, impartial and confidential.